The Progression series of instructional DVDs are here to give you the confidence and motivation to improve quickly and safely. A complete, video based learning resource that supports and builds on everything you may have already, or are about to, learn in your lessons. This DVD contains over 2.5 hours of in-depth content and analysis, covering every aspect of beginner kitesurfing from the technical basics to fundamental riding technique.
- Location and conditions: Understand your environment and become an observant and knowledgeable kiter
- Equipment and terminology: Overview of all kite styles and how they can make a difference to your progression
- Kite Setup: Breakdown and detailed explanation of kite and bar set up, giving you confidence and independence
- Launching and landing the kite: Understand how to safely start and end your session, using both 4 and 5 line kites
- Body Dragging: Flying the kite to give you the momentum required to ride and recover your board
- Water re-launch & Self Rescue: Detailed re-launch technique and common problem analysis. Outline of the optimum self rescue process.
- Waterstarts and First Runs: Getting you up on the board and making those first crucial runs
- Riding and Staying Up Wind: Developing your riding technique and stance, mastering comfortable up wind riding
- Change of Direction – Sliding Turn: Learn the steps to keep your board and kite in sync, and your body out of the water
Currently the 2nd Edition of the Beginner DVD is available in English.